Since it’s release two months ago, Bob’s World has created an unprecedented buzz around Bob Mizer’s super saturated color photographs. Over the past week alone, it’s popped up on the front page of Out, hit number one on the Amazon Italian non-fiction chart, and snagged an Unzipped Golden Iris nomination for Photography Book of the Year. We may be preaching to the choir here, but we wanted to reiterate one point â€“ this is the best book of the century. Okay so it’s still the aughts, or noughties or whatever the fuck you want to call them, and no one (except for us) actually called Bob’s World the best book of the century, but we’re pretty sure this spectacular piece of publishing will stand the test of time. If you’re still trying to figure out what to get that special man (or woman for that matter) for Christmas, or Hanuka, or Kwanza, or whatever commercially co-opted religious holiday you happen to celebrate, consider Bob’s World.
1. It’s heavy, so that special someone will think you spent a lot of $ on them.
2. It looks expensive, so that special someone will think you spent a lot of $ on them.
3. It comes with a DVD, so even if that special someone is illiterate, they’ll get the background story to go with the pretty pictures.
4. It’s full of naked men, so that special someone can look at naked men.
5. It’s heavy, so that special someone can also use it as a paper weight or doorstop.
6. It’s got a soft core cover, so that special someone can leave it on the coffee table when the family comes by for hot toddies.
7. It’s the best book of the century, so that special someone will love it.
A gallery of more reasons to buy Bob’s World: